Let us partner with your family to ensure your child is well prepared for a Christian life!
Central Lutheran School (CLS), located in Newhall, Iowa, is the only Christian school in Benton County. We educate students from three year old preschool through 8th grade.
Central Lutheran School assists our families and congregations by preparing our children to be disciples in this life, and for the life to come.
Our Core Values
- We believe that the Holy Scriptures are the Word of God.
- We believe that the primary responsibility of Christian education rests in the home. Central Lutheran School will work with and assist the parents and congregations in their task of Christian education.
- We believe that Christian education is a vital aspect of God’s mission, commanded by Christ to the Church in His Great Commission, “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20a. Central Lutheran School is one of the means whereby this mission is accomplished.
- We believe that the Christian teacher is committed to providing Christian instruction based on the doctrines of the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod. Teachers, who have been Synodically trained or have received instruction the Lutheran doctrine, integrate Christian instruction in all subjects.
- We believe that Christian education is committed to providing a complete education for God’s people by meeting their spiritual, social, physical, intellectual and emotion al needs. This is achieved through quality programs, materials, technology and professional teachers.
- We believe God has given unique talents and abilities to each person. We strive to help each child identify his or her individual gifts and to develop those gifts to meet the daily challenges for living a Christian life.
CLS is part of the Iowa District East Conference (IDE) and are members of the Iowa Association of Christian Schools.
We are proud to have the support from St John Lutheran Church, Newhall, St Stephens Lutheran Church, Atkins and St John Lutheran Church, Keystone.
Central Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at Central. Central Lutheran School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, or disability in administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school administered programs.